10 Warning Signs of Vision Problems in Children
Specialist Ophthalmology and Strabismus children, explains what are the warning signs that should make you take your child for an eye examination…
Babies and toddlers cannot and do not complain about eye problems, therefore: YOU! – as a parent, should pay attention to and take care of warning signs.
Dr. Noa Ela-Dalman, a specialist in Ophthalmology and Strabismus children, explains what they are warning signs that should make you take your child for an eye examination.
1. Permanent squint in one or both eyes
When we notice that the two eyes do not look in the same spot. One eye and the other focused on the aim of “running away” towards the nose or temple.
2. Three month old baby and is not able to focus and track objects in a stable manner
When is a follower or a face smiling at parent does not follow him or else object should arouse curiosity.
3. Tears and constant discharge
In one or both eyes may indicate a tear tract obstruction.
4. Fast movements of the eyes
“Jitter” of the eyes that may indicate a -nisstgmos – it is a situation that may be caused by a defect in the eye or optic routes between the eye and the brain.
5. Constant rubbing of one eye or both
Permanent or blinking infants may indicate problems with the evidence and the need for glasses.
6. Sensitivity to light / glare constant
Note the normal household expressed in constant eye reduction and diversion of exposure to any light head.
7. Pupil covered in Leuven
Partial or total may indicate a congenital cataract or factors that block the visual axis.
8. Variations in size, shape or color of eyes
9. Conjunctival redness does not go away
After two or three days – requires testing.
10. baby turning his head to head in an unnatural position to look at the object
Sometimes the head tilt or turn your head sideways to the right or left may indicate eye problems such as strabismus.
Strictly visual inspections
It is important to note that because infants and children do not complain of eye problems, or that the problem is only in one eye and the other standards are “getting along”, there is a high importance for testing eye regardless of the child’s complaint.
Also you have to remember that the discovery and early reference to improve a child’s chances of recovery significantly. The visual system is a dynamic system undergoing rapid development during the first years of our lives.
It is important to note that there is a high importance to perform eye examinations, regardless of the child’s complaint because infants and children do not complain of eye problems or the problem is only in one eye and the other standards are “getting along.
Early detection and reference to improve the chances of a child’s recovery significantly. The visual system is a dynamic system undergoing rapid development during the first years of our lives.
Various detectors tests are recommended:
• birth to age two – test light to verify that the refund does not blocking the axis of vision.
• examination at one year – diagnosis and strabismus amblyopia.
• Test at the age of three – diagnosing amblyopia and strabismus.
• Test at the age of six – before first grade.
Examination of the child during the said increases the chances for effective treatment and can give a child that normal vision in both eyes for life.